Despite your best efforts, at some point or another, your couch cushions will need a clean. Between pets, kids, and everyday spills – your couch can go through a lot! Having a stain on your couch can be unsightly, while dirt built up over time can leave your couch looking less than fresh. But when the stains transfer to the cushion foam, you can be left with unpleasant smells you’ll want to get rid of.
Knowing how to wash your couch cushions will help keep them looking their best, helping your couch last longer so that you can enjoy it for many years to come.
So how do you wash couch cushions foam? Check out our handy guide.
Cleaning small stains
Small stains can be easy to clean, helping you take care of common sofa stains like food and drink stains or urine. When an accident happens, you should take action straight away.
- Start by removing the cushion cover and dealing with the stain on there. If your covers are washable, put them in the washing machine, or use an appropriate stain cleaner.
- To tackle the stains on the foam, use a damp cloth to wash the foam. You can use a mild detergent or appropriate cleaner to help with tricky stains.
- You’ll want to make sure that all moisture is removed from the cushion. You can do this with a high-powered vacuum, or you can put the foam cushion somewhere it can dry easily.
The sooner you get to work on a small cushion stain, the easier it will be to clean.
Deep cleaning your couch cushions
Deeper spills and stains require further work to help your couch cushions come up clean. There are two ways you can do this.
- Pat the stain with either paper towels or a cloth to absorb the excess moisture.
- Continue to pat the stain until the stain is removed.
- If the stain remains, try using a damp cloth with a mild detergent or stain remover.
- Dry the cushion thoroughly to ensure all moisture has evaporated.
- Fill a bath with water and either some detergent or a vinegar solution.
- Handwash the cushions gently until the stain has been removed.
- Dry the cushion thoroughly – it may take several days until the cushion is dry again.
You may need to repeat your chosen cleaning method multiple times to eliminate stains completely.
When it comes to cleaning couch cushion foam, the most important thing is to ensure the cushions are thoroughly dry before you return them to your couch. Drying your cushions outside can help ensure the best results.
Things to avoid
Your foam cushions are robust, but the wrong cleaning method can mean that they wear quickly and even suffer damage if they’re not handled correctly. Some key things to avoid when washing your couch cushions include:
- Don’t forget to do a test patch first to ensure any products you use are safe for your cushions.
- Don’t let a stain set – take swift action to get it clean.
- Don’t put up with odours – use baking powder to help refresh your cushions.
- Don’t leave your cushions wet – this can lead to mould and others you’ll want to avoid.
Taking the right action with your couch cushions will help you get rid of stains to leave them looking and feeling fresh again.
Book a professional couch clean
If you’re dealing with difficult stains, or you’re apprehensive about cleaning the stain yourself, you should book a professional couch clean. Professional couch cleaners will know the right techniques to give your sofa a thorough clean, helping to prevent damage and ensuring an incredible result for your sofa.
Booking a professional couch clean will help you take care of some of the toughest stains on your couch. You can feel at ease knowing your couch is in good hands, ready for you to enjoy.
Contact Couch Master today
If you want to give your couch cushions a professional clean, contact Couch Master today. Couch Master is your number one choice for professional couch cleaning in Sydney, providing a range of services at affordable prices.
We can provide you with a range of services, including coach and sofa cleaning and upholstery cleaning. Whether you’re dealing with a tough stain or want to give your sofas a refresh, our team can help.
Contact us today to get a quote for professional couch cleaning in Sydney with the experts at Couch Master.