Couches provide comfort and elegance to living spaces, but they are subject to more damage than you would imagine. The sofa can absorb body oils, food smells, and airborne dust and grime from having supper in the living room or watching movies with your dog cuddled up against you. This is why couch cleaning is important.
Before you start cleaning your sofa, it is essential to understand what kind of fabric is utilized in the couch and what the codes indicate. Once you know this, you can determine exactly what the best ways to clean your couch really are. Here are some of the best.
If you want a more thorough couch cleaning result, try hiring a steamer or carpet cleaner to wash your sofa. Except for suede, steam cleaners can be used on a wide variety of different upholstery and fabric. To learn how to clean a sofa, follow these steps:
- Vacuum the sofa and both sides of the cushions with your furniture attachment vacuum brush to remove any embedded dirt or stains.
- Fill the carpet cleaner with water and the surface cleaner or detergent that is most suited to your fabric type. This could be carpet shampoo, although, as we’ve said, you’ll need to check the label on your couches.
- Start by cleaning the sofa. Pull the brush back in an equal and straight motion, parallel to the grain of the sofa material if possible.
- Place the cushions back on the sofa after they are fully dry.
Deeply entrenched dirt and stains may be hard to remove, even with routine maintenance. At this stage, you will need additional tools and plenty of time to do the best sofa cleaning possible and guarantee that your couch is as clean as possible. To properly clean a couch, you’ll need clothes, a firm brush, baking soda, and a vacuum cleaner with a furniture attachment.
To learn how to clean a sofa using baking soda, follow these steps:
- Baking soda is excellent for a variety of things, including removing filth and ingrained dirt from your sofa. Despite this, it’s still best to test the fabric in an inconspicuous spot first to ensure that the color isn’t going to fade and that no damage will be done.
- Brush the sofa using a stiff brush. Remove crumbs, dust, and other debris from the couch.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the sofa and let it to sit for between twenty to thirty minutes. For a thorough clean, you can mix carpet cleaner (the dry version) with the baking soda.
- Vacuum the baking soda using your vacuum’s brush attachment. Make sure you completely remove the baking soda or the combination of baking soda and carpet cleaner.
To remove any remaining difficult stains in your couch cleaning, use a solution appropriate for the fabric type and a clean cloth to blot away spots. Fabric upholstery, for example, can be cleaned using a combination of three-quarters of a cup of hot water, a quarter cup of vinegar, and one tablespoon of dishwashing liquid.
Spray the mixture on the stains after combining the ingredients in a spray bottle. Leave to soak in for a few minutes before blotting away and then going ahead with the above steps.
Use Carpet Cleaning Professionals
Although the above methods will work very well when it comes to couch cleaning, it’s often better to engage carpet cleaning professionals just like Couch Master Cleaning Services. There are a number of reasons why this is potentially the best thing you can do.
To begin with, it will save you time. To do couch cleaning in the right way, you need to set aside at least an hour, and sometimes more time than that, depending on how dirty the cushions are. When you hire professionals, you can leave them to do the work while you do other things around the house or even go to work.
On top of this, when you engage couch cleaning experts, you know you’ll get an end result that you’ll be pleased with; it will look good, be professional, and ensure that your couch is protected at all times.
Contact Couch Master Cleaning Services for more advice, information, and to book an appointment to get your couch cleaned by the absolute experts. We can help no matter what kind of fabric, no matter what pattern, no matter how old your couch might be. So book your consultation today, and let’s discuss how Couch Master Cleaning Services can help you.