It’s important to note that before you look for a couch cleaning service to clean your couches, that every single company differs in what they charge. There are so many factors that determine how much you have to pay, and you need to know that you have the very best couch cleaning company working for you before you cement any appointments.
You might be wondering why professional couch cleaning costs change from company to company, and you’d be right to wonder. As we said, there are a lot of factors that are involved in the cost of paying for couch cleaning services. Some of the factors that count include:
- How much furniture you have. The prices are different for couch cleaning if you have an L-shaped couch, compared to a two or three-seater suite.
- Timing. It can cost you more money to book a couch cleaning company during the weekend or during the holidays, so you should make sure to ask whether there are premiums to be paid during those times. Booking your couch cleaning during normal workday hours can cost you less and save you some money along the way.
- Stain protector additions. Some couch cleaning companies can add stain protectors to the couches, which will protect the surfaces of the couches for an added cost. Scotchguard can protect it from stains sinking into the fabric, and it’s a good way to spend less on upholstery cleaning over time.
- The method. Did you know that there is more than one method out there to clean a couch? The cost you will pay can depend on the method you choose, and it can even be spent on the cleaning method!
- Service charges. Some couch cleaning services can be combined with other items of furniture or with carpet cleaning. If your couch cleaning company can offer you this, see whether you can get a great deal!
Couch Cleaning Costs
On average, people spend up to $350 cleaning their couches, depending on the size and shape of the couches you have in the living room. Cleaning other furniture upholstery can be cheaper, with chairs at around $50 each. Leather furniture is a little different and costs almost double the price of fabric upholstery, so if you have leather couches, it will cost you more and you should budget accordingly.
The slipcovers on your couches can use a cleaning from time to time, but you may not have to dry clean them or have them deep cleaned. A washing machine cycle can take care of the stains but always check the label first – just in case there are specific cleaning instructions that you should be adhering to. If you are worried about making a mistake, include the slipcovers in the couch cleaning you need so that you can have the professionals take care of them instead.
Most professionals for couch cleaning can charge up to $200 to steam clean the couches. You can buy your own machine, but if you don’t have the time, a professional couch cleaning company can do it all for you and they will do an excellent job, too! The process of steam cleaning removes the dirt and sanitises the couches at the same time, and you can opt in for chemical cleaners if you want to make sure that the job is done right. Of course, this will cost extra, but it’s something you should consider if you want to double check that your couches are fully cleaned.
Consulting with a professional upholstery cleaning service is a must. You can get a few quotes and talk about the company through the couches you have, from the type of fabric and material to the shape of the couches. You should talk about what tools and chemicals are used, too, so that you don’t end up with a charge that you didn’t expect. Some companies can charge by the hour and others charge by the section of the couch. The quote that you receive will include the time and materials used, the expenses for equipment, the labor, the transport costs and more. Getting an itemised bill is a must!
As you can tell, there are a lot of things that will determine what you spend on your couches. Taking the time to research the right companies for couch cleaning is the first step, and the next is to think about how much you’ll have to pay for the cleaning services overall. Your couch deserves your attention – why not grab some quotes from Couch Master couch cleaning services today?